Thank you to WES Principal Melanie Smith for sharing this great resource from The Great Kindness Challenge. From ways to talk to your kids about Covid-19 to tips on setting up virtual playdates, this pdf is full of terrific tips to help us through these challenging times.
Find the full document here: Ideas-Activities-for-Families-During-the-COVID-19-Pandemic
FUN ACTIVITIES FOR FAMILIES
- Join our Happy Heart Hunt. Let’s blanket our world with LOVE! It’s simple! Just make a heart from any object and tape it to a street-facing window to send your love out to the world. Encourage all your friends to do the same. Then, in a few days, take a family walk to search for other hearts on houses. How fun it will be to watch the love grow! Learn more
- Host Family Game Night – get out the board games, decks of cards, chess sets and puzzles.
- Create an obstacle course with things from your home.
- Have a spontaneous dance party! Crank the tunes and DANCE!!
- Play charades.
- Clean your closets together. (Seriously!) Put on some fun music and then joyfully declutter. Keep only the things that are useful and spark joy.
- Create a family “masterpiece” out of recycled items from your decluttering.
- Listen to a podcast: “Wow in the World”.
- Learn on-line together.
- Teach your child a skill or share a talent. Teach them to cook, change a tire, sew on a button, balance a checkbook, play the ukulele, etc.
- Go on a scavenger hunt.
- Explore nature. Continue to spend time outdoors. The fresh air is good for kids, and for us as parents. But please do this as a family rather than meeting up in groups.
- Create a family vision board.