Winter and the holiday season can be tough for people at the best of times. This year is particularly difficult for many of us. NAMI of Maine has so many great resources. If you or someone you know needs help, please do not hesitate to reach out.
- Teen Text Line (https://www.namimaine.org/teentextline): A peer support text line for teens (14-20 years old) that is staffed by trained peers under 23 years old
- Leo Line: A mental health support line designed for law enforcement officers to find tools & information to support their mental health
- Helpline(https://www.namimaine.org/helpline#:~:text=Contact%20our%20HelpLine%20at%20800,5767%2C%20press%201%20%E2%80%94%20NAMI%20Maine): A mental health resource & referral line for peers, professionals, friends and family members- that now also has texting as an option!
- Man Therapy (https://mantherapy.org/): A web-based support for men’s mental health with a focus on men in more physically demanding industries.
- Council for Boys and Young Men (https://onecirclefoundation.org/TC.aspx): an incredible strengths-based program that supports black males by promoting a safe and healthy passage through their pre-teen and adolescent years.
- Keeping our programs accessible (https://www.namimaine.org/about): Mental health first aid trainings, suicide prevention trainings, support groups, the family respite program, family to family courses have all been made virtually available.