Parents, Staff and Students,
This weekend I had to take some flowers inside because there was a chance of frost, and now the forecast says it will be in the mid 80s on Friday….. welcome to Maine.
I hope everyone had a great weekend; the end of the school year is coming fast.
As I shared with you in my last update, the state is sending COVID-19 home tests to schools for people who want them. They have arrived. This week we will be delivering these to schools. A few details about this:
· I know some people will want these, and others do not.
· They will be available for pick up at any of our schools. We are not going to send them home on the buses with students.
· We should have these out to all the schools by Wednesday this week. Parents you can pick them up at any of our schools.
· We still do not require COVID-19 tests from anyone, this is completely optional.
· If someone tests positive for COVID-19, the process is still 5 days of quarantine and then 5 days wearing a mask.
· We are not doing contact tracing.
As always, if you have questions, let me know.
Our school board has approved a budget for next year. Our budget for next year is up 1.57%. Thank you to the staff, administrators, the central office / business office staff and our school board for working so hard to bring forward such a responsible budget. Our district budget meeting is May 19th at 6:00 at Messalonskee High School. Then, on June 14th everyone will have a chance to vote on the final budget at the normal election in all our towns. Great Job everyone.
Enjoy the last few weeks of school.
Superintendent of Schools