Students at Atwood Primary School made incredible memories yesterday at Atwood’s carnival celebration! Mr. Morin, Assistant Superintendent of Schools, wanted to thank the people who made this event possible for our young students beginning with Atwood’s principal, Jennifer McGee, and her wonderful staff at Atwood Primary School. Other community members who made this day special included:
– Mr. and Mrs. Lars Jonassen (Balloon Animals)
– Mrs. Sue Giguerre (Dunk Tank)
– Mr. Keith Hartzell (Ocean City NJ – handing out popcorn)
– Delta Ambulance
– Oakland Fire Department (Tony Thibodeau)
– Oakland Police (Officer Sayers, Dep. Chief Stubbert, SGT Tracey Frost)
– The Mason’s (Annual Bikes for Books)
– Mrs. Emily Widor (Karaoke)
– Mr. Bob Perks (Fortune Telling)
– Mrs. Fran Greenleaf (Handing out free books)
– Pat Linehan and his daughter (Cotton Candy from Modern Woodmen)
– Pony Xpress Petting Zoo
The carnival included a petting zoo, ice cream, cotton candy, spinning the wheel for prizes, and the list goes on!
Mr. Morin says that this carnival day connected to a post he read recently (found below), and says that Atwood exemplified every aspect of the quote.
Principal McGee shares, “It was a fun day and a fun celebration of a year where we learned, ‘We can do hard things!’ So today…we PLAYED!”